NWPC Preschool uses the Creative Curriculum. This curriculum balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning, with an emphasis on responding to children's learning styles and building on their strengths and interests.
OUR LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- Is physically set up to maintain interest areas
- Establishes a classroom structure that includes a daily routine and schedule, choice times, and small- and large-group times
- Creates a classroom community that promotes positive relationships
- Allows children to make friends and learn social problem-solving skills
OUR CLASSROOM IS ORGANIZED INTO 7 INDOOR INTEREST AREAS
- Dramatic Play
- Toys and Games
- Art and Writing
- Music and Movement
The 7 indoor interest areas plus the outdoor space offer multiple opportunities for children to explore, discover, and learn.
THESE INTEREST AREAS PROVIDE A SETTING TO LEARN ACADEMIC CONTENT AND APPLY SKILLS, SUCH AS:
- Literacy: vocabulary and language, phonological awareness, letters, words, print, comprehension, books and other texts, and sources of enjoyment.
- Mathematics: numbers; patterns and relationships; geometry and spatial awareness; measurement; and data collection, organization, and representation.
- Science: physical science, life science, and earth and the environment.
- Social Studies: spaces and geography, people and how they live, people and the environment, and people and the past.
- The Arts: dance, music, drama, and the visual arts.