It’s time to get ready for Advent! The first Sunday in Advent is November 29, 2020.
1. The 2020 Poinsettia Order Form is now online and printed in the bulletin starting November 22. The deadline for ordering as set by the florist is December 1 and the cost remains $10. If you paid for Easter flowers and want the money applied to your poinsettia order, please inform the church office (724-946-3541 or email@example.com). Thank you.
2. Advent Booklets are here: There are different Advent devotionals from which to choose this year. They can be found in the entryways of the church where you pick up the bulletins.
The Discipleship Steering Committee has made available two Advent devotional booklets, both by Henri J. M. Nouwen:
- The Father’s Love focuses on helping the reader prepare to receive that love, to share it, and to demonstrate it as best we can.
- Jesus, God’s Promise prepares readers to better understand ourselves and the Word of God.
Both booklets feature short excerpts from Nouwen, along with a reflection, Scripture and prayer. Both booklets contain timely wisdom as we make room in our hearts for Jesus, the ultimate Christmas gift.
The Mission Committee has made available “Good News of Great Joy” published by Frontier Fellowship. This devotional helps you prepare for Christmas as you create space for God to enter your heart. They also want to introduce you to, or remind you of, their deep love and commitment to the 2+ billion people worldwide who have not yet heard the Good News of Jesus Christ and the hope, peace, joy and love He brings.
3. THE CHILDREN OF OUR CONGREGATION WILL CELEBRATE ADVENT WITH THEIR OWN FAMILY ADVENT BAGS. If you did not receive a “Gratitude” bag in November, please contact Linda Black or the church office.