Care Portal is a technology connecting platform that brings the needs of hurting children and families in our community to our attention. Caseworkers uncover the needs. Care Portal makes local churches and community members aware, giving us a real-time opportunity to respond.
WHO: Anyone who is interested in local mission
- Go to careportal.org/about-us/
to find out what Care Portal does and why
- Sign up at careportal.org
- Receive an email confirming that you have been approved
- Log on to careportal.org.
- See requests under Request Management. If you see a request you want to help with, click on “Yes, I can help”. Type in the item(s) you can provide. The caseworker will contact the requester and if their response is positive, you will receive and email with contact information.
- Obtain requested item(s).
DELIVERY – 2 options:
- Contact Dave Hunter (email@example.com) with contact information and the item(s) you are providing.
- OR Complete the contact yourself.
Recommendations to keep in mind:
- Always take at least one other person with you
- Go during daylight hours
- Be prepared to encounter hard situations
- Be sensitive to cultural differences
The number one request on Care Portal is for beds – twin bed frames, twin bunk bed frames, and mattresses.
If you are interested in exploring the possibilities of the best way to provide beds, please contact careportal@nwpresby.
Session created a fund to meet the cost of “big ticket” items such as beds, mattresses, and appliances. Money is available to quickly meet needs. The congregation would then be informed of the items that were purchased and the reason for the purchase and then given the opportunity to donate to replenish the fund.
For information about using this fund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com