The New Wilmington Presbyterian Church’s Senior High Youth Group will go to Canfield, Ohio, June 16-20, for its Summer Mission Trip titled “Put Feet to Faith.” Several mission opportunities will be available during the week, including:
- Goodness Grows: A rural agricultural farm that promotes healing of communities and creation.
- The Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley: An urban homeless shelter that serves meals and hope for all people.
- Focus Hippotherapy: A rural horse farm and therapy program for children and adults with special needs.
- Habitat For Humanity: An urban organization that builds new homes for those in need.
- Walnut Grove: An under-construction rural recreational complex for children and adults with disabilities.
- Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corp: An urban organization that transforms neighborhoods by eliminating blight.
The SHYG members and leaders will be staying at Canfield Presbyterian Church, 140 W. Main St., in Canfield. Leaders include Doug Phillips, Bob Latta, Amy Warner and Chance Harms.
How you can you help? Well, the group needs prayer partners. Contact Doug Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the prayer partner form found in the Sunday bulletin and drop it in the offering plate, providing your name, phone number and email address.