Make space for God this Lent by joining a small discussion group. Consider joining a small group for three weeks during the season of Lent. The study, titled “Reflecting on Holy Week,” is based on Bible passages from the Gospel of Mark. The events of Holy Week – Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday – record the final week of Jesus’ earthly life and together they comprise the foundation of the Christian faith. Written by pastor and author Matthew Rich, the study includes a brief, participant guide and the introduction of a simple spiritual practice. Each gathering is intended to last one hour. The groups will take place the weeks of March 15, 22 and 29.
If you are interested in leading a small group OR participating in a small group this Lenten season, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 724.946.3541. An introductory session for all who are interested in leading will take place next Sunday, March 8, at 9 a.m. in the conference room (#206) beside the church office with Dave Hunter.
Below are the groups. Please contact Linda Black, email@example.com, to reserve your spot in a group
- Sunday morning study: March 15, 22 and 29, 9:30-10:15 a.m., led by Betsy Boyd and Brad Walters at NWPC in Room 214.
- Monday evenings, March 16, 23 and 30, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., led by Nancy Welker at NWPC in the Lillian Martin Room.
- Monday evenings, March 16, 23 and 30, 7-8 p.m., led by Jim and Jill Mohr in their home (314 Orchard Terrace Drive, New Wilmington).
- Tuesday evenings, March 17, 24 and 31, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., led by Dave and Tawnee Hunter in their home (438 Waugh Ave, New Wilmington).
- Wednesday evenings, March 18, 25 and April 1, 6-7 p.m., led by Justin and Pam Zackal at Fractured Grape (138 S. Market St., New Wilmington).